How to Choose the Right Preschool
Choosing the right preschool for your child can be difficult, time consuming, and stressful. It is not a decision to be made lightly or half-heartedly. It takes time and research. Here is a guide to help you with that research.
- The first step is to look at location. Is it close to home or work? Or on the way from one to the other? Knowing these factors will narrow down your search.
- From there, look at the websites for schools within the right vicinity. The look and feel of a preschool’s website will tell a lot about how well the school is run. If the website site is clean, crisp, and welcoming chances are higher that the school is as well.
- Read. Each school’s website should discuss their educational philosophy-the methods they will use to teach and care for your child. One might even discuss its Performing Arts based curriculum. Narrow your search down more by finding schools that you feel will be a good fit for your child.
- Take some tours! To me, this is the fun part. Once you have narrowed down your list, go take a tour of each school. The tours will be very telling. You will get a feel for how the school is run from your own perspective not just the images and words online.
A Tour at Building Kidz
In the article “10 Steps to Finding the Right Preschool: A Parent’s Checklist,” the author discusses four signs that a schools is run well. You should keep an eye for these when touring schools. At Building Kidz, we are confident that you will see each of these five when you come in for a tour.
- Children have a positive relationship with the staff.
- When you come in for a tour at any Building Kidz location, you will see that our staff truly care about the children. The teachers will be working with and helping the children in their classes. Our teachers are active participants in each child’s learning experience.
- Quality home-to-school connections.
- Parents play a crucial role in each child’s success. Because of this, we have a strong connection with our parents. When you come in for a tour, don’t be surprised to see parent and staff member engaged in conversation about how to best help a child succeed. Look around, and you will important and fun information for parents and family.
- Great preschools have structure.
- At Building Kidz, we are excited to provide a unique and proven curriculum that uses performing arts to enhance academics. This curriculum provides structure for each child in each classroom. When you come in, look at how engaged children are in what they are doing.
- Positive approach to discipline
- At Building Kidz, we have a set structure that allows children to know their expectations. We have consistent classroom rules that we combine with lessons that teach children why and how they are expected to behave.
All of us at Building Kidz are proud and excited to run a high quality preschool that will benefit children, families, and communities. Click here to schedule a tour today!