School Age Program
School Age Program
Our innovative before and after school program offers age appropriate activities for every child. Watch your child improve problem solving skills through science experiments and express themselves through dance, music, and musical theater. Our children advance
academically as they step through targeted activities while building social skills and friendships.
Research shows that participation in after school programs influences academic performance.
Our teachers plan curriculum based on the child’s interests and have focus weeks during breaks in the school year.
Academics are taught by incorporating fun educational activities and projects.
Our school provides state of the art computers so that our children have the opportunity to learn using different media.
We provide educational software which includes academic support and educational games. Our students are able to research information that they are interested in and use the computers for completing their homework.
Teachers monitor computer use and provide educational support in learning technology.
School-age children learn about a variety of media, explore the three-dimensional form, and discover different ways to work with textures by engaging in hands-on sculpture making activities.
They create simple human and animal forms by working with soft modeling clay.
They also construct complicated forms and work with materials such as metal wire, wood, and glue.
Our Homework Club offers children the opportunity to work on their homework in a quiet and supportive environment.
We have qualified teachers to help guide and answer any questions that students may have.
Each child has their own desk and works in small groups to ensure adequate attention from our staff.
Our program uses the LEGO robotic kit which enables students to discover science, technology, engineering, and mathematics in a fun, engaging, and hands-on way.
Robotics offers many benefits:
- Students learn a basic but strong understanding of the functionality of robotics.
- Students develop creativity and problem solving skills along with other important mathematics and science knowledge. They learn to improvise and create new ways of building and programming existing robots.
- Students become more skilled in communication, organization, and research which helps prepare them for future success in higher levels of schooling and in the workplace.
- Students learn to work cooperatively and communicate effectively in small groups to achieve a specific goal.
- Students gain confidence in science, math, and technology related subjects in school.